The American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys (“Company”) maintains this site for your information, education, and communication. Access to and use of this Site are subject to the terms and conditions set forth below.
1. While we use reasonable efforts to ensure that the information and materials contained in this Site are current and accurate, we makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information contained in the Site. We disclaim liability for any errors or omissions in the materials contained in the Site or in any site linked to or from the Site.
2. The information and materials contained in this Site are provided to you AS-IS and you use this Site or any site linked to or from this Site at your own risk. We MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. We disclaim any liability for any damage to or viruses that may infect your computer or other property due to your use of this Site or any site linked to or from this Site or your downloading any materials from the Site or from any site linked to or from the Site.
3. We provide links to other sites. In addition, links to this Site may be provided from other sites either known or unknown to Company. We are not responsible for the content of any site that is linked to or from this Site that is not an Company member’s web site. The fact that another site is linked to or from this Site does not imply that: (a) Company sponsors, licenses, endorses, is affiliated with or is otherwise connected to the site, the products or services described therein or its owner; and (b) Company has authorized the linked site to use any trademark, trade name, logo or other trademarked or copyrighted material of Company.
4. The trademarks and logos displayed in this Site (“Trademarks”) are owned by Company. Nothing contained herein should be construed as granting the user of this Site the right to use any Trademark displayed in this site without the written permission of the owner of the Trademark.
5. Any materials, communications or information (“Information”) sent to this Site will be deemed NOT CONFIDENTIAL and NONPROPRIETARY and will become the property of Company. Company may use such Information for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to use of any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in the Information.
The search-attorneys.com website may request and collect certain personally identifiable information through various means such as online forms, online applications, e-mail, and comments submitted to the search-attorneys.com website. Company uses the information that you provide for such purposes as processing and responding to requests, improving its operations, and communicating with visitors about Company products, services and businesses. Company will not provide personally identifiable information collected from you to any third party, including individuals, organizations, and businesses that have contributed information to this search-attorneys.com website (collectively, “Content Providers”), unless you specifically authorize us to do so, i.e. by submitting information for the purpose of contacting an organization, company or individual listed within the Directory (i.e. you are a User attempting to contact a Subscriber) or by submitting information for use by the Directory (i.e. you are a Subscriber).
The search-attorneys.com website web server also automatically collects non-personally-identifiable information such as the domain name of the site providing you with Internet access, but not, for example, your name or email address. Other examples of information collected by the search-attorneys.com website server include the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, operating system and platform, the average time spent on the search-attorneys.com website, the pages viewed, information searched for, access times and other relevant statistics. Company uses this information in the aggregate to measure the use of its web site, to diagnose problems, remember user preferences and to administer and improve the web site and related services. Company does not share non-personally-identifiable information in whole or part with Content Providers or other third parties.
As with many web sites, Company may use “cookies” and/or other technology such as tracker GIFs (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”) in the search-attorneys.com website or in our communications with you to enhance the functionality of the search-attorneys.com website and to make your transactions and other activities more convenient and efficient. These Tracking Technologies may vary, but in some cases may involve a small file stored locally on the computer used to access the search-attorneys.com website, and may be used by Company to store and collect information relating to your viewing and use of the search-attorneys.com website and Company’ communications with you. You may set your web browser software not to accept cookies, but, if so, certain functionality of the search-attorneys.com website may be affected. Neither Company nor the Content Providers for this search-attorneys.com website shall be liable for your inability to access or use this search-attorneys.com website or any portion of this search-attorneys.com website as a result of settings on your browser that prevent cookies.
Third parties (including, but not limited to, Content Providers) may also use Tracking Technologies by or through this search-attorneys.com website. Company has no control over what information such third parties track or collect, and Company shall have no responsibility or liability for any tracking, data collection or other activities of such third parties.
To the extent required or permitted by law, Company may also collect, use and disclose personally-identifiable information collected from you in connection with duly authorized security related or law enforcement investigations, and in the course of cooperating with authorities or complying with legal requirements.
The search-attorneys.com website may contain e-mail addresses to Content Providers (“Third Party E-mail Addresses”) and links to other web sites owned and operated by third parties (“Third Party Sites”). Company shall have no responsibility or liability for any communications between you and such Content Providers via Third Party E-Mail Addresses. In addition, the Third Party Sites are not covered by this privacy statement, and Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Third Party Sites. The search-attorneys.com website may also contain links to other web sites owned, operated by, or affiliated with Company (“Other Company Sites”). The Other Company Sites are not governed by this privacy statement and you are advised to review the privacy statement applicable to each Other Company Site you visit.
EMAIL PERMISSION STATEMENT
Company does not sell or rent any personal information collected from the various electronic forms present throughout the search-attorneys.com websites to any third-party company. However, in an effort to comply with Federal and State anti-spam regulations, your agreement to these Terms and Conditions indicates your consent to receive from Company future faxes, email transmissions and/or U.S. mail to the physical and/or electronic address information you provide.